About Traditional Medical & Pharmaceutical Database
- What is the Traditional Medical & Pharmaceutical Database?
- The Traditional Medical & Pharmaceutical Database is the first repository of the experimental data of natural medicines used in Kampo (Traditional Japanese Medicine), including the genetic data of crude drugs, LC-MS profiling data and biological activity data of crude drugs and Kampo formulas, etc. The comprehensive data will be useful to standardize natural medicines and find out the seeds for drug discovery.
・Scientific and herbological information on crude drugs, Genetic information on medicinal plants
・Medical information on Kampo formulas, Literature searches on Kampo formulas, Application of Kampo formulas for diseases
・Scientific information of chemical compounds included in crude drugs
●Analytical result information
Firstly, Wakanyaku Library which consists of nearly 80 compounds, hot water extracts of 80 crude drugs and 80 Kampo extracts, was prepared. Subsequently, chemical analysis and biological assay were performed on the ingredients of the library. The used crude drugs were genetically analyzed to identify their botanical origins. Biological activities relating to neurodegenerative diseases, allergy & inflammation diseases, cancer, lifestyle diseases, etc. were investigated by cell-free, cell-based and in vitro assays.
- Copyright Status
- All of the contents released on this websites are covered by copyright of the Expansion Program "Standardization of Natural Medicines," Regional Innovation Cluster Program, Global Type (II), "Hokuriku Innovation Cluster for Health Science."
We do not assume any responsibility for any action by the user in using this database.
Please note that we may suspend or stop our service anytime without prior notice for revision and/or deletion of the contents and for maintenance.
- This database was supported by the Grant of the Expansion Program, Regional Innovation Cluster Program, Global Type (II), "Hokuriku Innovation Cluster for Health Science" from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan for 2008-2012.
- Recommended web browsers
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Mozilla Firefox 9.0 or higher and Apple Safari 5.0 or higher
Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Toyama
Katsuko Komatsu, Naotoshi Shibahara, Makoto Kadowaki, Chihiro Tohda, Katsuhiro Konno, Masao Hattori, Shu Zhu, Kohei Kazuma, Hiroaki Sakurai, Shiro Watanabe, Ikuo Saiki
Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Science for Research (Faculty of Medicine)
Toyama Prefecture University and others
Satoshi Ohta, Hiroshi Watanabe